Empowering the Project Team to Successfully Avoid Claims
J. Scott Lowe Director, Trauner Consulting Services Inc.
This program identifies contract specifications and construction-management practices that encourage claims. The speaker identifies and discusses how these specifications and construction-management practices, in real-life situations, can lead to the generation of claims.
This informative 90-minute webinar:
- Defines changes and claims and shows how and why claims arise
- Identifies specifications that encourage claims
- Evaluates construction-management practices and contract specifications that encourage claims
- Explains best practices for claims avoidance
- Identifies use of time-and-material provisions to price changes
- Shows how to achieve success in spite of these specifications
- Reviews construction-management practices that encourage claims and avoid claims
And much, much more!
Who Will Benefit from This Program:
This webinar is a must if you’re a contractor, public or private owner, subcontractor, construction manager, owner’s representative, architect, or other design professional writing contracts or providing project-oversight services. The program also can benefit the attorneys who represent these parties in disputes.
Meet Your Expert Instructor:
J. Scott Lowe, P.E., is a principal with Trauner Consulting Services Inc. His expertise lies in the areas of Critical Path Method scheduling, construction-claim preparation and evaluation, dispute resolution, technical document development, contract administration, and cost analysis. He has directed and performed virtually all types of analyses, including delay, productivity, and efficiency, including cost and the determination of damages, on varied projects throughout the United States and abroad. On many occasions, he has provided expert testimony at deposition, arbitration, and trial.