Price: $199.00 - Member Price: $159.20
Add to Cart
On Demand Webinar
Proving and Pricing Subcontractor Delay Claims
Proving & Pricing Subcontractor Delay Claims
James G. Zack, Senior Advisor, Ankura Construction Forum™
Daniel Franklin, Associate Director, Ankura Consulting Group
August Special - Includes a 1-year subscription
to the Construction Claims Advisor newsletter
-- including 50+ FREE construction webinar downloads (Expires August 31).
*See below for selected titles
This information-packed, 90-minute recorded session examines the issues concerning subcontractor delay claims and help you:
- Identify what causes typical subcontractor delays and impacts – by all parties
- Learn contractual issues concerning subcontractor delay claims, such as privity of contract, no damages for delay clauses, waivers and releases
- Recognize practical problems concerning subcontractor delay claims
- Understand the keys to getting subcontractor delay claims passed through to the owner and the risks that puts on all parties
- Examine notice provisions in your contracts to ensure they are strictly enforced
- Review your contracts for entitlement, flow-down clauses and various state statutes
- Understand what the term “causation” is and what it means to all parties
- Discover circumstances when a subcontractor is entitled to recover time or money
- Demonstrate when a subcontractor can pursue delay claims against the prime contractor and how to price that claim
- Put together a checklist of tasks to perform to maintain the subcontractors right to file delay claims
- And much, much more!
Order today to understand the myriad challenges subcontractors face when attempting to assert and win a delay claim to ensure your organization gets paid appropriately for work completed.
Who Will Benefit?
This recorded webinar is a must if you’re a public or private owners, construction managers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants, architects, engineers or attorneys.
Added Benefit. In-house training tool: Train your entire staff for one low price! Gather around the conference room table, listen to these experts, then discuss how it pertains to your particular company. Don't miss out on this fascinating training program!
PDUs/PDHs - Education Credits
Certificates of completion are available upon request for use in obtaining education credits.
This event features key insights from our knowledgeable construction experts:
James G. Zack, Jr.
Senior Advisor, Ankura Construction Forum™
James is the Senior Advisor to and former Executive Director of the Ankura Construction Forum™ (formerly the Navigant Construction Forum). The Forum strives to be the construction industry’s resource for thought leadership and best practices on avoidance and resolution of construction project disputes globally. Formerly he was the Executive Director of Corporate Claims Management for Fluor Corporation, one of the world’s largest publicly owned engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance (EPCM) contractors working in the areas of energy, chemicals, infrastructure, manufacturing, life sciences and mining. Mr. Zack was previously Vice President of PinnacleOne and the Executive Director of the PinnacleOne Institute and a Senior Construction Claims Consultant for CH2M HILL, Inc. Mr. Zack has, for nearly 40 years, worked on both private and public projects. In the construction claims field, he is a recognized and published expert in mitigation, analysis and resolution or defense of construction claims and disputes.
Associate Director, Ankura Consulting (formerly Navigant)
Mr. Dan Franklin is an Associate Director working in Ankura’s Global Construction Practice out of the San Francisco Office. He has over a decade of combined experience in dispute resolution, engineering, construction, contract management and project controls. With a heavy focus in project controls and extensive experience in change management and evaluation, he brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise as a consultant providing services to owners, contractors, and counsel. Mr. Franklin has held integral roles on multi-billion dollar projects in various contractual environments including Lump Sum, Cost Plus, Unit Price, Cost Reimbursable and GMP interfacing with all levels of organizations and project management teams. His project experience, gained through field and office-based work for a leading construction contractor and as a consultant includes; power (nuclear, hydroelectric, transmission lines), transportation (highway and rapid-transit[metro]), hospital, high rise office/residential, hazardous waste remediation facilities and foreign government infrastructure master planning projects.
* A subscription to the twice-monthly Construction Claims Advisor newsletter includes access to more than 50 on-demand webinars on a multitude of topics, white papers, surveys and much more. Sample webinars include:
- Procurement: Architectural Copyrights, Alternative Project Delivery Systems, Role of Soils: From Site Investigation to Claims, and AIA vs ConsensusDOCs.
- Project Management: Drones in Construction, Lean Techniques, Productivity Improvement, Construction Project Management, Dealing with Schedule Approval Issues, and Total Quality Management.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM): Contractor Case Studies, Working with Standard BIM Contract Documents, and BIM Strategies.
- Construction Claims: Dealing with Scope Creep, Checklist of Sound Legal Advice to Avoiding Disputes & Lawsuits, Trends in Construction Claims and Disputes, 20 Common Mistakes that Construction Owners & Contractors Make that Cause Claims and Disputes, and Successfully Avoiding Claims (Specifications and Construction Management Practices).
- Schedule Training: Scheduling Best Practices: Scheduling as a Management Tool, Scheduling Tips and Tricks, and Weather Planning on Construction Projects: Addressing Delays and Time Extensions.
- LEED, Commissioning & Sustainability: Emerging Risks in Green Design and Construction, Commissioning Best Practices for Existing Buildings, Indoor Air Quality Testing, Improving Energy Efficiency for Existing Buildings, Green Construction Contracts, Retro Commissioning, and Economics of Green Building.
- And much, much more.