GraphiSoft earlier this month announced the North American version of ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2011, the latest release of its entry-level building information modeling (BIM) solution.
The new ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2011 is based on GraphiSoft's ArchiCAD 14 Virtual Building technology “but with a feature set and price tailored to meet the needs of small architectural practices, home builders, and building contractors,” according to the company. “STAR(T) Edition 2011 enables customers to create a virtual building model and efficiently manage and share all of the project's data. The software is also able to automatically produce all of a project's documentation on demand.”
Among the new features in the 2011 Edition are the following:
- Partial structure display.
- Oriented views.
- Shadows in open GL.
- Refined management of object libraries.
- Dimension text prefix/suffix.
- Improved handling of schedules.
- Extended options for doors and windows.
- Direct import of site-survey data.
- MEP support.
- Streamlined AutoCAD 2010 I/O.
- Performance optimizations.
ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2011 will be available later this month for less than $2,000.