Building Information Modeling (BIM) Webinar Library Now Totally Free to Subscribers
Introductory and Advance Webinar Topics
Building Information Modeling (BIM) has firmly established itself with certain segments of the construction industry, and will continue to expand in scope and usage. WPL has provided online training webinars to the industry since 2008, playing a key role in helping firms implement BIM, with some firms becoming leaders in the industry. For the benefit of our current and future subscribers, WPL has now made its entire BIM training library of 24+ recorded webinars—presented by notable experts in the field—available free to those with active subscriptions.
Industry Thought Leaders
These webinars have been presented by experienced practitioners from major engineering and construction firms, including:
- Don Gonzales - Director, Smart Cities Initiatives, The Digit Group (Former VDC Corporate Manager for Swinerton)
- Deke Smith - Partner, DKS Consulting, LLC
- Michael Tardiff - Managing Partner, Building Informatics Group, LLC
- John Jurewicz, General Manager, VDC and Technical Optimization Leader, Walbridge
- Benjamin Crosby, Director of VDC/BIM, Yates Construction
- Bill East, Retired USACE, Owner, Prairie Sky Consulting
- Scott Adams, Director of VDC + Quality, Ghafari
- Chris Allen, Senior Design Phase Manager at Mortenson (Former Manager of VDC, The Weitz Company)
- Bruce Cousins, Managing Partner, Sword Integrated Building Solutions (Former Senior Manager of VDC, The Weitz Company)
- Jim Bedrick, Principal, AEC Process Engineering (Former VP of Virtual Building & Design, Webcor Builders)
- Sam Sprouse, VP, Broaddus & Associates (Former BIM Director and VP Preconstruction Services, Satterfield & Pontikes Construction, Inc.)
- John Tocci, VDC Manager, PCL Construction (Former Director of VDC for Gilbane Building Company and Tocci Building Companies)
- Finith Jernigan, President, Design Atlantic, LTD. Architect, Thought Leader
- Mark Kalin - Kalin Associates Specifications
- Deborah MacPherson - Director of Specifications, WDG Architecture
- And many more!
Suggested Approach to Viewing the BIM Webinars
The available selection may seem overwhelming if you have no specific topics in mind that you want to learn about. As a start, we suggest you look at the Best of BIM Roadmaps: 2017-2018 6-part series. This includes sessions that explain the benefits for each of the major players of a project - designer, owner, contractor and facility manager. Additional sessions discuss the importance of the data to all phases of the contract insight on the technology itself, plus an exploration of real or perceived legal risks.
For those already exposed to BIM, there's a wealth of more specific topics available, including:
- BIM addendums to contract documents
- Laser scanning
- BIM implementation strategies
- Green BIM
- And much more
Click here to start viewing the BIM training sessions today. Bring your team together for brown-bag lunches so you can share thoughts and develop questions. Also, don't forget that certificates of completion are available for continuing education credits. Check out the BIM offerings today.
Finally, feel free to provide your feedback in the comments below, or email WPL directly from the Contact Us screen with questions or if you have any interest in future BIM webinars.