On a regular basis, we highlight content posted on other blogs that we feel would benefit our readers. This week's blog highlights include:
Tomorrow's Building Materials
ENR's Jeff Rubenstone authored an excellent post about ongoing development of building materials in the search for sustainability and improved performance. Rubenstone checks in on the progress of several material science research labs working on projects such as reducing the cement content of concrete, new uses for cross-laminated timber, transparent wood and geoengineering. Check the post out here.Ann
Text Message is a Binding Contract
A Massachusetts court ruled that a text message can form a binding contract, according to Matt DeVries at the Best Practices Construction Law Blog this week. Although the case involved the sale of real property, Matt describes the lessons for the modern construction contract. Click here to read Matt's insights on the legal aspects of digital technology.
ConAppGuru's Construction Apps for June
ConAppGuru founder Robert McKinney lives up to his name when it comes to locating mobile apps for contractor's. His post for June identifies five interesting apps:
- Fabro1 - Helps MEP contractors track material fabrication from design to fabrication and installation
- Mule2Go - Provides driver and truck service for pickup and delivery of materials and supplies
- Revizto - Shares, stores and manages project files
- Skysite Camera - tags, stores and retrieves job photos using a smartphone app
- SmartSheet - Provides spreadsheet interface for managing field tasks and schedules; can import/export Microsoft Project files
To read more about these apps, check out the ConAppGuru blog here.